Tiger Cafe     
    

Sunday, June 01, 2003


Please Support Ken! (Suicide)

Remember I wrote on May 16 about my experiences with suicidal people on the Net?

Well I've been talking to this cool guy Ken recently. He'd contacted me with questions about my cgiComments tutorial. It turns out that Ken, an 18-year-old college student, is very precocious, smart, and talented. A good computer hacker, a romantic, and a perceptive and sensitive fellow. I keep telling him he could go far.

On May 18, one of Ken's dear lifelong friends, Ben Jordan, took his own life. (Photo of Ben.)

Ken has been suffering tremendously the last few weeks and is having a hugely difficult time recovering from Ben's suicide. He is depressed and not behaving normally. I've urged him to go see a doctor.

Would you please help me show Ken your support? His birthday is coming up in two days, too. You may fill out that email form on his website. Please let Ken know he is important to many people and we care about him. Let's help him get through this!

Thanks, everyone.


Home