Tiger Cafe     
    

Friday, September 20, 2002


Eric sent me a nice note about those funny pix of Jiang Zemin I posted in April, in my bid to get Tiger Cafe banned in China. (To see my Chinese pages in Internet Explorer, go to View->Encoding->Chinese Simplified(GB).) Running the Chinese government ain't all fun, games, and executions by firing squads, y'know. Presidents get bored too.

Eric also posted pix of his pianist friend Vienna Teng at the Blue Rock Shoot in Saratoga, one of my favorite cafes. It's not far from my parents' house. Eric takes beautiful photos in general, so explore his site if you haven't before.

By the way, that April page has some of the funniest comments I've ever seen on Tiger Cafe. Check out this post. Christina actually woke me out of bed with a phone call to tell me this. At that time she had just started as my cowriter, when this guy (a reader) Sean started this huge chain of comments:

Hi tina,It is my pleasure to read your article,It makes you so attractive . But I think Nick's photo is more attractive. [Nick is Christina's friend in Shanghai. Nick is not gay.] Can you help to introduce him to me ? I want to communicate with him and share his and my experince to eachother.
Sean ¡¤ Apr 17 2002, 10:47 pm

ohmmmmmm....GOD!
Thanks for Sean!
You can find Nick's E-mail address in commetns on Tiger Cafe.
Christina ¡¤ Apr 17 2002, 11:09 pm

!!!!!!! Sean,where r u from? I warn u dont infest me!
Christina,pls shut up!
nick ¡¤ Apr 17 2002, 11:21 pm

Tina,I really need your help.I do not wish he refuse me because I am a little bit shy sometimes.If I send email to him directly . Maybe he will be frighten .So PLS give me your soft hand.
Sean ¡¤ Apr 17 2002, 11:21 pm"

(etc...read her post for the full story)

Finally Sean gave up and started to hit on Christina:

Christina,I really thank you for sending my photo to nick [she also sent me his picture],It's very kind of you.I found you are so lovely that I have to change my interest on you.
Nick is hopeless and he is too cold to touch his heart.
Sean · Apr 18 2002, 06:24 pm

Awww Sean. I am sorry. Do you understand that Nick likes girls, not boys?
Raymond · Apr 18 2002, 06:44 pm

Sean,I I I ....don't understand your meaning,and and and ..I don't know what can I do for you?!I am sorry.
Christina · Apr 18 2002, 06:50 pm

Tina,check your e-maill,you will find the truth .
Sean · Apr 18 2002, 07:09 pm

haa...haa...
nick · Apr 18 2002, 07:11 pm

hei,Sean
I'm sorry to tell you the truth that Tina likes neither girls nor boys, in fact, she is narcissistic elder girl.
jackey · Apr 18 2002, 07:35 pm

I think I need an English to English translator, Jackey. What the hell are you guys talking about? :o
Raymond · Apr 19 2002, 03:37 am


Home