Tiger Cafe     
    

Tuesday, July 08, 2003


Yeti Dating Blog. How Long Do Women Wait to Call? (Relationships)

For my link list, here's another excellent dating blog, by James (aka Yeti) in St. Louis. Incredible writing: Tales from a Yeti Suit. His old blog (also excellent, and full of flirtatious dialogue).

James is a smooth talker, though he pleads innocent:
CuteBrunette: You’re so fun to talk to. Do you come up here a lot?
Yeti: Not as often as I’d like. I didn’t realize you were here.
CB: Oh stop it.
Y: Stop it, or is that an invitation for me to keep going?
CB: You’re quite the smoothie. Why aren’t you married?
Y: Women are intimidated by the skill with which I cook and clean.
CB: You are a man, aren’t you?
Y: I’m a football fanatic. And I like to punch a punching bag. Whether or not I’m a real man, well you get to make that decision.
CB: I’ll reserve judgement.
Y: I can flex if you like.
CB: Maybe later. I’m kinda trapped in your eyes.
Y: What do you think of them?
CB: They’re so mysterious. You look like you hide a lot.
Y: Do you want to know a secret?
CB: I love secrets.
Y: I’m a coward.
CB: You’re a coward.
Y: It’s true – I’m afraid to talk to women. Afraid they’ll laugh at me, afraid they’ll emasculate me.
CB: I find that hard to believe.
Y: It’s true. I get nervous talking to women.
CB: You don’t seem to be.
Y: You make me brave. I think of you and every word that pours off my lips is romantic gold. You inspire me. The thought of not sitting here, listening to your voice, not holding your hand, that makes me bold. It makes me brave.
CB: You’re dangerous.
Y: You have nothing to fear. While I stand here, I’ll protect you.
CB: Do you think I’m in danger?
Y: Not the physical kind.
CB: Now I’m a little afraid.
Y: The French believe there is one solution to every woman’s problem.
CB: And that is?
Y: This.

Yeti leans over and kisses her.
ed. Due to the graphic nature of the rest of the story, this post has been edited to promote ethical values.
I found him from Edie, the Manhattan girl who writes like Bridget Jones on steroids. Edie just moved her site here.

Something that happened to Edie in May:
Calling all men (and boys): Let me give you a hypothetical situation: You meet a girl at a party. You hit it off. You suggest to her that she comes with you when you leave to go somewhere else. You hang chat and have fun with her over drinks. After you two close down a bar, you suggest you move on somewhere else rather than end the night there. You continue your great conversation. You walk her home. You kiss passionately before saying goodbye. You ask for her number, even though she gave you the perfect opportunity to not ask for it by saying simply, "I'll see you at the party next Saturday." She did not ever utter the words, "So, when can I see you again?" In fact, she has exhibited at every turn that she is easy going and will not apply pressure on you. I ask you: Why do you not call? And also: Under what conditions do you actually call. You must sometimes or you would never go on a date. Lastly: Why ask for a number at all if you have no intention of calling? Especially in a scenario as outlined above, when she gives you a great out from asking it?
I would turn that around and ask, under what conditions after a great date would a girl call a guy? Ladies?

Yes, I know most women prefer to wait for the call. But how long would the average woman wait? What would make her call the guy? Kiki tells me that since the average man waits FOUR DAYS to call, the average woman will wait FIVE DAYS to call the man.

But then, I feel rules like this are arbitrary and people like Edie overanalyze them. I don't follow them.


Home