Tiger Cafe     
    

Tuesday, July 15, 2003


Lisa: Photos from the Silent Party (Photos)

Since several people from the MixerMixer party are starting to read my blog, please read this.

Kara posted "Silent Party" Photos from Saturday night in San Jose. I'm not in them (*pout*).

If you don't have an ImageStation account, log in as "tigercafe," with the password as "password." Click each pic for full size.



That girl walking around the pool in the red dress is Lisa, the British lady who hosted the party. Poor girl. Just talked to her on the phone the other night. She said the second toe on her right foot (next to her big toe) was almost sliced off after she stepped on a broken beer bottle in the kiddie pool. Her toe was sliced to the bone. She had to rush to the emergency room that night. They stapled her toe back to her foot, twice, and WITHOUT any anesthesia. Although she was slightly drunk, she still screamed like a rooster.

Her toe turned blue, and she's not sure if she can save it or not. She's still doped up on painkillers but is showing incredible cheer, grace, and courage. She says: "I just want to say that the whole glass in the pool thing was TOTALLY my fault! I was a little dizzy (hic) but it really does sound like something I would do. Doh!" Says she feels happy she's getting waited on hand and foot by everyone, including her husband. What an amazing woman. I bow in admiration.

I'm having dinner with Lisa next Monday. She sounds like a very sweet, witty, and entertaining person. She calls everyone "sweetie" and thought the guests Saturday were just "lovely people." She used to be a lawyer (i.e. "solicitor") in London.

She also needs someone to help her take care of her two children while her foot is recovering. If you know anyone (e.g. a student) who needs some extra cash as a babysitter, please contact me.


Home