Tiger Cafe     
    

Tuesday, July 22, 2003


Christina Got Married! (Marriage)

"Christina, oh my God! I just found out about your marriage!!! WOW...I wish you many many years of happiness to David, my dear. You are one of the sweetest and most loving ladies I've met online.

David is a very lucky man. I'm soooo happy for you!!!

I wish you a constant joy in your heart, a wonderful meaningful marriage, and all my very best, Christina."

Christina, my sweet friend in Nanjing, just got married on July 17th. She'd told me, last year, how much she wanted to marry. She definitely has a kind and loving heart as well as an adventurous spirit. Perfect lady for marriage.

She just signed papers, but she will have the wedding this October.

Here's an English translation of what she wrote in her journal. Christina's journal, translated by my friends Sally and Jennifer from Chinese, and edited by me:
____________________
I got married today. This morning David and I ended our six years of dating to become, officially, the other half of each other. When filling out the forms in the court office, I asked him: "Will we regret this?" He said with confidence: "I know I won't, but I'm not sure about you." My tears flowed uncontrollably.

David said, "Actually, marriage is just a set of rules that others made. These forms doesn't mean much. Our life is still the same. We just need to enjoy ourselves. We'll have lots of happy days ahead. We should savor them, not waste them."

This morning, he called me and said he would wear the wine red shirt, and I said I would wear the white shirt. I think our outfits are good for taking the wedding picture for our registration document.

My mom has not been feeling well lately. She said one night, "The thought of your marriage makes my heart uncomfortable." She thinks that I got married too early. Last night she suddenly said, "You should think carefully. This is a lifelong important step!"

This is weird. She won't be happy no matter whom I marry, will she?

Walking out of the door this morning, I no longer feel regret. My whole heart desires him. The special feeling from his eye is for me only. Only now do I realize how little I knew about us, that there is something special inside his eyes that is only for me, that is different from sweet words and honeyed phrases. It can't be faked.

After getting the red book [marriage registration document], he looked at me and smiled. I smiled too. We held hands and walked out of the marriage court. We went to a travel agent to get forms traveling overseas. At the end of August, we plan to travel to ten countries in Europe. I'll be 29 and he'll be 32. Our birthdays are just one day apart.

In October, we plan to have the wedding. We're thinking of renting the entire hall at Jing Ling Restaurant. We hope to try a fresh idea---something like a buffet dancing party. Still need to check with the Jing Ling Hotel. It seems easy to have gotten to this stage. Suddenly I feel busy.

Like David said: "We'll have many happy days ahead, so we must enjoy them slowly."
____________________
Her newer pix. As always, click for full-size:



My favorite of her older pix:



Home