Posted 8:34 PM
by Blah blah
Who Reads This Blog Regularly? (Blogging)
Honestly, some of you are so quiet I have no clue sometimes. Blogging is weird in that unlike TV, I can watch you while you watch me. Here's my little tongue-in-cheek survey:
1. Sheer numbers of readers have gone down, after China blocked Blogspot and those people looking for "chocolate pudding" + "Asian boy" have given up. Military hits have dropped. However, the numbers of people coming to this page SPECIFICALLY have gone up.
2. Bisexual women seem to like this blog. At least four of them I've talked to, plus one lesbian, read it. Is it the androgynous vibe of my brain?
3. The women who read this blog seem to fall into two unusual categories. One group are goody goody churchgoers. Another group are slightly "naughty" girls who like porn. (I'm not saying who!) And I'm sure at least some fall into BOTH categories! Back when I played more the "male Oprah," the readers were mostly women. Now that I've gone into more "dry" subjects like politics, the audience of men has grown.
4. Most people come from the West Coast (Bay Area, Los Angeles, Seattle, Phoenix) and East Coast (i.e. New York, Washington D.C., New England, and Florida). Increasing numbers from the Midwest (Chicago and Indiana). At least a few come from Vienna, London, Paris, and Germany, plus the rest mainly come from Asia (Philippines, Hong Kong, Australia, Bangkok, Malaysia, and Singapore). A few Canadians---"sweet, 'ay?"
5. Universities: certain people (who never identify themselves) come from the U. of Washington, Northwestern University, and San Francisco State. Speak up, for heaven's sake!
6. Someone keeps returning from Paypal, from Speakeasy.net, from the California State Board of Equalization, and from the City of San Jose. All from the Bay Area. You know who you are. :p Break down that wall and say hi! I mean it. Are you my grandma or what?
7. Bloggers I know (sorry if I left you out accidentally):
Cheshire,
Christine,
Dave,
Eric,
Paz,
Pjammer,
Raven,
Sandy,
Sordidfairytale,
Alaysia,
Belle, Ellen,
Ina,
Jo,
Mira,
Val,
Elen,
Christine,
Duke,
Fred, Jane,
Thea,
Tira,
Ken,
Danny,
Kiki,
Esther, Mark, and
Peggy.
8. Other readers: my cousin Isabelle (who's a reporter in Florida now), Patrick, his friend Adrian, Chad, Moorthi, SM, someone from Houston (Birch.net), people I've met socially recently, friends who don't want to talk to me again, stalkers, shy people. And possibly my grandma. Nah! Do my parents read this? Honestly, if my parents ever discovered my blog, they'd fall asleep within five minutes. That's how tuned in they are to me and my writing. Ha!
9. Coolest hit this week: someone from the British Parliament.
To those who have never said hi to me, I don't bite. In fact, I take off my dentures when I blog (just kidding). There is no excuse for you to not say hi to me, unless I've wasted mounds of your time while you're supposed to be doing something more important, like WORK. Then that's between you and your boss.
Another thing. Some of you bloggers write very private stuff and constantly worry if your mailman, who may be looking you up and down in a strange but perverse way today, has just read about your sexual tryst with your best friend last night. You know how I throw off all readers who may know me personally but who might be getting too close to my (limited) info about my exes, my lovehandles, my embarrassing episode from 4th grade, etc?
I write about politics. About business. About the NEWS. Yep, that's Raymond's Weapon of Mass Distraction. Ha!
Ok, enough nonsense. Now I'm firmly back to my goal of boring you to death.