Tiger Cafe     
    

Thursday, June 12, 2003


Interview with Lisa Ling (Television)

Watch Jon Stewart interview Lisa Ling on his Daily Show!

If you've seen The View, that show with Barbara Walters and three other yakking women, you know Lisa left the show (see her interviewed by Matt Lauer) to go host National Geographic Ultimate Explorer on MSNBC.

Wow, she sounds way more intelligent talking to Jon Stewart than she does sitting next to Star Jones on The View, as Jon noticed. How often do you hear celebrities saying the word "globalization"?

Speaking of celebrities who show intelligence on TV, I need to commend Carson Daly and his NBC talk show. Whenever I've flipped by it, I've been struck by how much his talks feel like late-night heart-to-heart talks we had in college. He doesn't go for the cheap, quick laugh, like Letterman. He really probes his guests.

When I was hosting my political talk show, I tried to make it substantial but still light-hearted. Go Lisa!


Home