Posted 10:13 AM
by Blah blah
Adrian's Poems
By Adrian, a friend of Patrick's. He just started reading this blog regularly.
Poem 1:
I am letting my beard grow.
It is coming in the color of silver.
And as I stare in the mirror I see each silver hair transformed
Into the silver chinks of an armor
Or perhaps the orderly rows of scales of an ancient fish,
Each scale growing ever so slowly
Growing to cover an imperfection, a sin,
One perhaps I committed, one perhaps against me.
Slowly, ever so slowly I am transformed into a living armored fish,
Cold and impervious to the outside world.
Soon all that is left of me,
Of my true face, are two blue eyes staring incongruously
Out of a mass of silver scales,
The only part alive.
Each scale bears an inscription,
Each notes a long forgotten or never forgotten jab at my heart.
I blink one last time,
Perfectly blue eyes outlined by silver scales
Closing in like the diaphragm of a lens.
Then it’s dark.
Poem 2:
I want to take my camera out on the street
And flash it in your face.
I want to stop you, every stranger that takes my fancy,
Stop you in your tracks in silver.
I want to scream, holding the finished product,
Here! Here you are! Here IT is!
Details, details, I want to photograph the details
As time passes by.
I want to stop time,
I want to wrestle with the concept,
I want to rearrange silver molecules
In my fight with time.
But really, really,
What I really want to do is fight with me,
Fight with you being me and me being you,
And the whole Sartre and Camus thing.
That’s what I really want to do.