Posted 3:02 PM
by Blah blah
Google U.S. Puzzle Championship (Math)
I just tried the
Google U.S. Puzzle Championship today. It's an international test, open to anyone, to check your skill in math and logical thinking. People who do very well get on a national team and have a chance to be hired by Google.
The test time is over, but you may try it, if you dare. (They have a link to the
answers too. You need to download their two PDF files. You open each file with the password shown for each.) I used to compete in math contests in high school, but it's been a damned long time since I've had to think this way, and my math skills really suck now. I could only solve three questions out of 23. This is one of the hardest math tests I've ever taken. I only got #4, 14, and 17 right. Boo. :(
They asked many questions that require visual and spatial imagination. If anyone knows how to deal with these crossword and Tetris types of problems systematically, please let me know. I was totally lost. Also, does anyone understand the answer to #3 (Making Change)? I don't get it.