Posted 9:13 AM
by Blah blah
Looking for Chinese Women's Stories
Hi Phoenix,
I met you at the
SVASE meeting. You had said you were researching and writing a book on Asian American women's stories, right?
How did you get involved in this, and are you looking for more women's stories? I know a lot of people who write. For what do you look?
Best wishes,
Raymond
_______________
Raymond:
Thanks for thinking of me.
I've had my book idea for almost 10 years now but never had the chance to put it together until recently. It started with a video biography of my mother, who's a first generation immigrant. I don't think her trials and tribulations are unique, as I've heard lots of other second generation women talk about their mothers in similar ways. These often are women with limited English language skills and social networks. Needless to say, their ability to voice their cognitive and emotional journey has taken different forms. I'd like to capture them.
If you know someone who'd like to collaborate, I'd love to meet him/her. And yes, I am looking for candidates to interview. The profile is pretty general at this point: first generation immigrant, from China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, or other Chinese speaking countries, has lived in the US for over 10 years, works in some capacity.
Thanks for your interest.
Phoenix
_______________
Phoenix is from Taiwan and used to be a management consultant at Accenture. Now she works for a nonprofit company. If interested, please email me.