Posted 6:22 AM
by Blah blah
Interesting! Did you know I met this Asian guy at a party who actually KNEW the first ABC "bachelor,"
Alex Michel? He'd gone to school with him at Harvard and Stanford.
ABC's "bachelor" says engagement is off (AP).
My Ex Got Married
Sorry for being off the Net for a week. For those of you who are coming to read this regularly (and I think I know most of you), thanks for your patience. I'm sure you know I can't be as frank and open here as I am by phone or email.
Sometimes that's the reason I quote articles written by other people. Something raw or notable may have just happened to me, but it's too sensitive to tell. So if you want to know the truer me, please write or call or chat with me. Haven't been in the writing mood lately.
One of my exes, D, just contacted me last week. We'd lost touch for 1-2 years. I was surprised and happy to hear from her. She seemed upbeat and content and happy to hear me again. Said she'd gotten married last year. A quick marriage in Las Vegas with no time for a honeymoon, then back to China for the wedding reception.
D's originally from near Beijing. She used to be a host of a current events TV show in China. She wasn't a reporter but a reader of other people's writing.
She started telling me these little details about things we had done together. "Remember when you took me to that delicious Thai restaurant in Berkeley?...Remember when you took me to the DMV?..." I honestly have not thought about that stuff for years. But each time we've talked since we stopped regular contact, she's brought up little things that I showed her, little things she treasures. And I am flattered.
When I first knew D, she was unhappy. Some bad things had happened in her life, she felt helpless, and she was thinking of giving up life here and returning to China. I tried to strongly encourage and inspire her to keep persisting. And it eventually worked! So I am happy for her. And amazed that she remembers little details of what we did together. I actually made a difference in someone's life!
With so many people coming in and going out of our lives, I felt a strong sense of warmth when she brought up all these little details of experiences we had together. It was talking to an old friend again. And she wants to keep in touch and see me sometime.
I've almost never had a messy breakup. We've usually parted amicably. The time I have met my exes again, they have been very happy to see me, and I felt this rush of good feeling in my tummy too. The chemistry is still there.
Have some funny stories to tell, but no time. Will catch ya later, 'k?