Tiger Cafe     
    

Thursday, February 27, 2003


Don't want to be too serious. Want to laugh? Browse through the stories here at Ananova: News Quirkies. Your life is SOO much better than some people's!

Couple still courting after 30 years:

A Brazilian couple have been dating for 30 years and say they have no plans to live together.

Rodolfo Sibin, 48, and Elizete, 50, from Sao Joao da Boa Vista, have been going out together since 1973.

They live three blocks apart, speak on the phone at least three times a day and go out for dinner every night.

Rodolfo told Folha de Sao Paulo newspaper: "I still have butterflies on my stomach every time I see her. It is a crazy passion I have for her."

Elizete added: "Dating is much better than marrying, we do not have to worry about day-to-day problems. There are less fights and you don't have to put up with things you don't agree with."

They are planning a trip to Europe to celebrate their 30 years dating.

Rodolfo added: "I swear we will get married in December, I just don't know of which year."
_____________________
Other sample stories:
Couple get married before meeting each other: "A Brazilian woman and a Japanese man who 'met' on the Internet have got married without ever meeting each other in the flesh."
German beauty queen seeking peace date with Saddam.
Suicidal man sues manufacturers after rope snaps. It's so Ally McBeal, yo!

Premarital sex becomes test case of China society (Washington Post). "Louis Lin and Mary Ma sued a university in Chongqing, China, after being expelled for having sex before marriage. Greater freedom in China is expanding sexual mores."

Chinese TV Series to Promote Sex Education (People's Daily). "In a move to break the nation's ancient taboo on discussing sex, China has started shooting its first TV series focusing on sex education for young people."


Home