Posted 11:35 PM
by Blah blah
225 Dollar Poem
I was such a dope today. In a rush, I drove to San Francisco without my wallet.
Parked in the wrong zone without reading the sign carefully.
Couldn't find my car later. Had been TOWED.
Had no money or cards since I had no wallet.
Called my friend for help but found my cell phone battery dying.
His sister works there and she caught up with me after work.
Let me use her BART ticket and took me home.
My friend will take me to SF tomorrow to pick up my car from the tow yard.
Total damage: 225 bucks.
Say hi to moi, the
dope du jour.
Stupidity should be cured, says DNA discoverer (
New Scientist): "[Nobel Prize-winning biologist James] Watson says that low intelligence is an inherited disorder and that molecular biologists have a duty to devise gene therapies or screening tests to tackle stupidity. 'If you are really stupid, I would call that a disease,' says Watson." Sigh. Too late for me.
Programmer bets IT lobbying org that it can't find job for unemployed friend. Oh I so identify with this. Damn the H-1B visa program.