Tiger Cafe     
    

Wednesday, January 08, 2003


Stuck in Seattle under circumstances beyond my control

Last week was great when I spent a whole week in Seattle with Raven. Our New Year started off with our usual redition of 'fireworks' *wink-wink*. Anyway, I really enjoyed finally spending time and seeing Raven in his world of corporate living. I was on a roll and cooked Raven dinner almost everynight. It's hard to cook for one; not so bad cooking for two. Sadly, the week had to end and I had to go back to home.

On Sunday night I packed my bags and on the way to the airport, we met up with Joysha from RBJ. She invited about 16 of her friends, but Raven and I managed to enjoy ourselves at dinner. It was short meeting, but sweet. We hope to hang out with her and her friends on my next visit.

What happend next were circumstances beyond my control that made me miss my flight. The red-eye was my scheduled flight but when we drove past the airport welcome sign, we were welcomed by hundreds of break lights. Traffic was more than a mile out of the terminals; we were idle for more than an hour. I called American Airlines and the airport to see what was going on, but no one knew anything. Finally at midnight, the police had the clearance to start letting cars into the airport, my flight was at midnight.

Here's what happend: Bomb threat forced Sea-Tac to shut down. Someone made a call to the airport and described in great detail of a suitcase and a bomb that was in the suitcase. Well they found the suitcase unattended, but it was harmless. Planes that landed couldn't deplane; No one could enter the airport, so lots of people missed their flights.

Here's the kicker: Not only was there a bomb threat at the Sea-Tac airport, an airport security guard was found sleeping on the job that caused delays and clearing of concourse earlier that same day!

Security is not taken lightly, but make sure to avoid Sea-Tac Airport.


Home