Posted 5:48 PM
by Blah blah
Letter from Paris
My fashion designer friend, Iris, just wrote me and some other friends this letter a week ago! This is amazing, because she never uses email or the computer. After three YEARS of us pushing her, she finally got email last fall. Yep, those artists adopt technology very reluctantly in Paris. I asked a friend of mine to translate it from Chinese. Excuse the poor sense of the original. Here it is:
Hi:
Paris started snowing! Not only snowing, but huge huge storms!
The other day, at my place, I was watching snowflakes slowly falling from the sky.
Their size grew gradually from small dots into a charming white storm.
I fantasized about dancing at a white palace with the falling snowflakes. Isn't this exciting?
I love watching falling snowflakes, as if they are broken flower flakes flying towards me.
I'm very touched by it, you know?
I love this kind of cold, fresh, clear sensation. It contains an unimaginable fantasy.
Perhaps this is what I dream of.
I've always loved winter.
I love the coldness. I love the strong wind
blowing at my face. I feel my real existence,
yet it is like a dream.
What about you? What have you been doing?
I realize that temperature can change one's mood.
As I warm up myself using memories, as usual,
I realize that my body temperature
changes when I miss a person.
I give you the warmest wish from this icy land. Miss you.
I miss you too, Iris.