Posted 8:21 AM
by Blah blah
Belle's Love Poems
In the spirit of the upcoming Valentine's Day, here are three love poems written by
Belle. She selected and gave me permission to post them. Do check out her site. It's all-poetry, 24 hours a day. You need to soak in a bubble bath while reading her fine poems:
A Woman’s Lovesong
because I need to write in verses
to make you read my mind
slowly, with uttermost care.
I’ve embellished my tongue
with wine
so you could drink in there.
with you,
I’m drunk with metaphors,
I want you
that fragrance loses its smell.
I want you,
that colors are not enough.
I Can Make Him Feel This Way
I am the scent that
clings to his skin
melting my hands
which slide
the texture like that of
leaves
bathed with dew
I am the crinkle
of a smile
that defines his brow, I
am the dust under his shoes
the curl of his toes, the music
in his steps,
clutching my waist
turning me around and
around.
I am the word that rolls
behind his tongue
a magnet on his lips, I breathe
his essence,
in the mellifluous
utterance of my name,
the air bends
sending a rivulet into
bubbles,
palpitations at the tip of my hair
the murmurs
in the night,
the shade of fire in his
eyes.
Love Triumphant
it’s not the way he marvels
at the satin sheen of her skin
that makes him entranced
but the way she wears his locket
between her breasts
I think it’s the way she made his heart
pounding on his ribcage
when six decades ago she almost
said no, that day carried a tender
imprint
he had so much to thank for.
I think, it’s the throbbing pain of being able
to tug at the ribbon on her hair
and how the wind would spin circles
of light,
this time was no other
when she cultivates flowerbeds
that when he would be unable to bring
her flowers,
she would pluck them,
her arthritic fingers on petals
and both would recite those age-old verses
hopefully,
until a number of seasons
shall pass them by.
As Belle says,
I wish, I could seduce a man
with my poem,
to enslave him
between the commas,
and the line-cuttings.