Posted 9:54 AM
by Blah blah
Girls Who Don't Call Back
One of my pet peeves is girls who don't call or write back. Or if they do, it's with few words and a haughty, princess attitude. Sometimes it's
timid, suspicious girls who must be reassured and drawn out at every step. As a guy, you must do ALL of the pursuing, planning, and sustaining of the relationship. I used to waste a lot of time on these girls, calling or writing, especially if I thought they were worth it.
No more. I don't care how good-looking they are, or how sweet they may seem during the precious five minutes they spare for you.
Whether timid, stuck-up, bitchy, or plain lazy, I don't need them in my life. I REFUSE to take them seriously, either as potential friends or more. I've met a couple of girls like this recently, and I felt the old wheels turning, the old impulses throwing me into the old pattern.
But I stopped myself. I deleted their phone numbers and email addresses. I erased them from my memory. No more being dangled on the end of a stick for me. Let other suckers line up at that circus tent. From now on, I'M the dangler. If they really had any iota of interest, they must come to me, in some way.
Girls who are genuinely busy but interested in you (as friends or more) will send you nice notes explaining how sorry they are to be unavailable. They'll return your calls with equally nice regretful statements, promising more later. They will sound excited and happy to hear from you. They will find a way to get in touch. Not like it's hard to find me. They WILL set aside time for you.
I only want these girls. And happily, I HAVE met some that fit this description, recently.
As a guy, so should you. How do YOU decide when to stop bothering about a girl? Is it three unreturned calls? What are YOUR criteria?