Posted 8:50 PM
by Mona V.
Manila Girl
 | I walked into the Tiger Café this morning with a question in my head: Should I have said “yes” to Raymond when he asked me to be one of his co-writers? The answer came as I realized the words “nudity,” “spirituality,” “elitist,” and “ignoramus” were all unabashedly used in one page. Yep, I’m in the right place. (The world will forever remember my first entry here as the one that came right after the one on “boobies.”) |
My name is Mona (something I share with
macaby) and I’m from the Philippines. Eight to five, five days a week, I head up the marketing unit of a telecom multinational in Manila. Marrying my best friend and bringing two of our children into the world are the best
feats I’ve managed so far.
I write a
weblog because it helps process my thoughts and my feelings. I write fiction because it gives me joy. I write here because the clever, cerebral conversation looks like fun.
Besides, for this, we get free coffee every day, right? ;D
________________________
Welcome, MONA (aka
Renaissance Girl)! Thank you for doing this. She's a very popular blogger, read by many Filipinas. Her blog was featured in
this article in the
Philippine Daily Inquirer, one of the major newspapers of the Philippines!
How should we refer to both Monas here? I'm thinking of saying Mona V and Mona T. Do you have any preferences? Or should I call Mona T as Macaby? -RG