Tiger Cafe     
    

Wednesday, October 02, 2002


Two Year Anniversary

Happy birthday to this journal! It's two years old! My real birthday is coming up...

I feel sad and wistful today.

You know how sometimes you put a lot of effort into friendships or relationships but they vanish? I'm thinking of those people I used to be close to who either moved away, moved onto another path, or lost interest.

I hate it when that happens. :(

China Radio International

I just talked to Kelly this morning. She's someone I know in Wuhan (a good singer). She introduced me to China Radio International, a radio station that has been broadcasting from China since 1947. Their English site.

You can hear them online in English here. (RealPlayer) History and purpose of CRI.

Yes, they are sponsored by the government, so you're hearing a highly censored and favorable view of China. (Look at what they say about the Falun Gong.) But still. This is like Voice of America from the Chinese view!

Like the BBC radio teaches English, CRI teaches Mandarin. This inspires me!


Home