Tiger Cafe     
    

Tuesday, October 29, 2002


Say Hi to Michelle!

I just woke up, still have five chapters of William's Obstetrics to read for my 8 am class, and it's already 1:15 am. Times like this, what does a typical med student do?

Cram like hell.

But I'm not typical. So I'm blogging. :) Yeah, even when I'm experiencing massive menstrual cramps right now. Oops, am I grossing you out? If no, good. If yes, well, get used to it.

So I'm supposed to introduce myself here. Hmn. To put some order into my otherwise chaotic thoughts, I'll follow Unica Hija's (one of my favorite blogs)lead, and do it in a Top Ten fashion.

1. I'm 24 years old, female, from Manila, Philippines. But I've been told I act 17, walk like a man on testosterone overload (wa-poise), and have such far-off ideas my friends sometimes wonder if I'm even from this planet.

2. I'm a middle child. But I grew up getting all the attention in my family, being the only girl. I was always the target of my two brothers' pranks, though. I often kid that this honed me for bitchhood, but my friends say no, it's inherent. I was born with it. :P

3. I'm a rare breed - I'm probably the only slacker in medical school. I'm so lucky thus far coz I get by with minimal studying. I just rely on my stocked knowledge and superior IQ for that. Oh, did I say I'm an airhead? :) Kidding aside, superior IQ my foot. I'm just plain lucky. If I were the patient, I won't go consult myself.

4. I'm very olfactory. I love nice smells. I love perfume. I love fragrant body washes. I love guys that smell absolutely yummy. Given a choice between a hunk who hasn't bathed in a month and a not-so-hot guy who smells great, I'd go for the latter. Anytime.

5. I'm a Diet Coke (now Coke Light) junkie. Seriously. I drink 6 cans a day, minimum. My whole family is, too. I know. Time for Diet Coke Addicts Anonymous.

6. I'm a self-diagnosed obsessive-compulsive. I check locks, wash my hands, even pray several times. I listen to the same CDs, watch the same movies, read the same books over and over. I'm a stickler for details - well, details I'm interested in anyway. I want everything to be in place.

7. I'm a sleepyhead. I sleep at least 8 hours a day, exam week or not. I don't need expensive sleeping pills to doze off - just the thought of a bed, or a pillow, or heck, anything, makes me want to close my eyes and travel to dreamland. I suspect I can even sleep in a vertical position - although I haven't tried that yet. But I once fell asleep while drying my hair. Now top that.

8. I absolutely have no sense of direction. I remember I got lost inside my university when I was already in third year pre-med. Yeah, that bad.

9. I'm a hypochondriac. Maybe an offshoot of reading all those stone-tablet-thick books of diseases, etc. I once thought I had a breast lump, until my friend pointed out that well, that lump was my breast. Just recently, I found a small mass inside my inner lip and thought it was cancer. Two hours later, it burst - mouth sore pala.

10. I'm a virgin.

So there. My first appearance. Excuse me, I'm dying of pain here. I should go get some Advil.


Home