Tiger Cafe     
    

Wednesday, October 09, 2002


Re) What about your stories Mira?

Raymond, you're lucky Wednesdays are my day off and I have no pressing errands to run (besides, I'm not feeling well). So I set myself the arduous task of filtering through my past diaries for a good story and I can't seem to locate one. I've come to a couple of conclusions.

Either I was:

1. Too jilted about the experience
2. Too confused
3. Too uninspired to write about it
4. Avoiding the risk...or
5. Consciously aware of my brother's increased diary break-in rate at the time.

I'm older now and living alone, so I write to my heart's content. All I can offer now is that the incidences that I did encounter were partly my fault (I think I may have contributed to inducing such acts as cause to my transparent and curious naivete amidst my imbibed sexual vibe). I've since learned from my mistakes (which I don't regret) and girls, sometimes dressing the way you want just isn't worth it (I know, it's unfair).

Moreover, the blatant incident that I can recall now (acting on my boss's advances) resulted in a full-blown consensual relationship that flourishes till this very day (albeit it has its difficulties). What more can I say? I have to worry about dinner and vitamins now. P.S., my boyfriend (then boss) is no longer at that post nor near that vicinity. So, yes, it does have its corporate risks. Of the white-collared, there are the talkers, the mindful, the opportunist hounds, and the jealous all rolled into one. As an Asian woman, I felt offensively objectified the entire time.


Home