Tiger Cafe     
    

Monday, October 21, 2002


Please check out the new people I've linked, guys. I've marked them with *'s on the left column. All good.

School Shooting in Australia

Oh my God! A man brought handguns to the Humanities Dept. at Monash University in Melbourne. He shot two dead and injured five. Frostee says the shooter was an Asian guy and the two dead were also Asian.

Corine's friend Ami says: "I was just outside the building about to walk in when it happened. Sigh....God I'm in tears right now. As I stood outside the building frozen, I suddenly realised my friend coming towards me with blood on her hair. She was on the same floor as the shooting."

Here's the RBJ discussion about it, going on right now.

I'm awfully sorry to hear this, Ami, and I'm very happy you are safe! You and your schoolmates have my deepest sorrow and condolences.

We ourselves here in Silicon Valley came "this" close to a similar experience in January 2001. A cute 19-year-old Filipino guy planned to massacre huge numbers of students at DeAnza Community College, in Cupertino. It's close to my parents' place. He planned to walk into the school cafeteria at lunchtime armed with pipe bombs, Molotov cocktails, and two sawed-off shotguns.


Home