Posted 10:28 PM
by Anonymous
Okay, what does "Internet Marriage" even mean? I don't get it. It seems funny though!
Single bloggers, eh? I think part of it is that successful bloggers are people who have the time and energy to write good blogs. Frankly, I just don't have either. It's not just that I have a boyfriend, but I have craploads of other obligations to take care of; between the Greens and my triathlon training and homework and the GSA... People who are single probably have more time and energy on their hands to make great blogs that we enjoy reading. This is just a crass generalization on my part, so I apologize.
I also read Unica Hija's story and I think it's really deplorable of that guy. Raymond did a good job of going through the legal stuff! But beside the law, it's so morally wrong that it really upsets me that our society could even consider it not being a problem. You should not have to go to work worrying about fending off kisses from clientele. It's not professional! You shouldn't worry about fending off sexual advances from people ever. Bunch of savages in this town. I've certainly never dated anyone I've worked with though. Although actually, the intern coordinator I worked for in Senator Joe Lieberman's office this summer was kind of sketchy. He was young, only 28, and seemed to have had "unprofessional" relationships with the female interns from the session before us. One time we went out to some bars after work and he was asking us some rather inappropriate questions. Stuff like which staff members we preferred over others and why. I mean, it was silly and he meant them in jest but it made me uncomfortable because he was after all, my "boss." Maybe I'm still young and naive.
Anyways, brief update from Sylvia-land: I've been really busy with the Greens - I made the new website, helped plan recent peace actions that are still going on and helped work on the Spearhead and Franti concert. Whoo. I'm all activisted out though. Time to chill out. I got a silkscreening kit the other day though, so I'm going to start making t-shirts on sweatshop-free clothes! I made a crapload of "Why War?" patches already and am making a t-shirt for a lesbian friend of mine that says: "LABIA: Lesbians Against Boys Invading Anything". Hehe. Anyone have any good ideas for t-shirt slogans or designs?