Posted 12:19 PM
by Blah blah
I Just Got Dumped--Pass the Ice Cream, Please (Reuters):
"A new study validates why ice cream tastes so good after a breakup, and why that nice jacket in the store window--that you really can't afford--seems like a good buy once you've been dumped.
Dr. Jean M. Twenge of San Diego State University and her colleagues found that people who feel as if they have been rejected by others tend to adopt unhealthy, self-defeating behaviors, such as eating poorly, taking risks and blowing off work to have fun."
At 81, Peter Ustinov Happy to Work Until He Drops (Reuters):
His zest for living is as great as it was when he was 21. "I have more now because there is less of it. It is a rarer commodity," said the dual Hollywood Oscar winner as he reflected on his life as a playwright, novelist, actor, film director and much traveled Goodwill Ambassador for the U.N. Children's Fund....
"But in this country there are no real disadvantages to age because in my business the British public has always confused longevity with merit."
But what does he miss about his youth?
"I've forgotten," he confessed.