Tiger Cafe     
    

Monday, September 16, 2002


The Homeless Guy weblog. Blog of a real homeless man! He's educated, a good writer, and blogs from the public library.

Peace Corps a haven for dot-com refugees (San Jose Mercury News):

"For Jessica Hsu, who arrived in Haiti in March, joining the Peace Corps was a chance to escape all that was wrong with the dot-coms. Hsu, 27, spent 2 1/2 years at i-traffic, an online advertising firm bought by Agency.com in 1999. By the time she left her job as a project manager in the creative department in i-traffic's San Francisco office in early 2001, Hsu had become disillusioned with the industry.

'I was very turned off from the world of dot-coms,' she said. 'You had 23-year-olds making over six figures and there were three to four parties a night with open bars and tchotchkes galore. It was excessive. What we did seemed insignificant. I wanted to do something I felt passionate about.' "

Hear hear, Jessica.


Home