Tiger Cafe     
    

Monday, September 23, 2002


Hi guys, I haven't posted in a while for a variety of reasons, which I will briefly bore you with. For one thing, Blogger has been acting up on my recently but I hope it's working now. Also, I'm back at school now so I have about a million times more distractions. Classes don't start until Wednesday, so for the past week I've just been bumming around and partying. It was a lot of fun, but now it's kind of taking an emotional toll. I need some peacefulness and am kind of looking forward to having classes to settle into some kind of placid groove. You know.

Funny about your post on exercise and whatnot, Raymond, because I'm starting to train for a triathlon now! I really appreciate the links you posted. For the past week, I've been alternating running and swimming. The crazy thing is that I'm so much better at swimming than running it's ridiculous. Usually I run about two miles and I'm not much use to anybody after I'm done. On the other hand, I do a swim workout that adds up to two miles and I feel like I could go for more if it wasn't that open swim was only an hour and a half long! ...The next step is to get a road bike, but I need to conjure up $600 first. I'm not sure if I can balance my academics, extracurriculars, possibly a sports team, my "triathlon training", and a job. Yeah that's another thing - I'm thinking of joining the frisbee team.

The thing is, I'm really kind of against team sports. I never liked the mentality about making a social collective of people based on something that isn't really socially unifying - like sports. I like frisbee - but that doesn't mean that I'm going to be liked by my teammates. I don't really like how your individuality comes last in team sports. In my experience, large groups of athletes are not the most sensitive people in the world to your differences. Of course, being on the team would probably be a really great opportunity that I can't even entirely fathom at this point, right? Oh well, we'll see.



Home