Tiger Cafe     
    

Wednesday, September 11, 2002


Haha! Look at Ernie's stories of his recent appearance on that TV show, The Weakest Link! Min Jung, invite me to Ernie's next bday party!

As someone wrote in his comments, Ernie should have said on TV: "I write a near-daily humorous account of events in my life on the Internet, which has brought me fame, notoriety, and the adulation of teeming masses of geeky tech-heads and homosexuals the world over."

Ernie said: "I would love to tell you how I did on the The Weakest Link (yes, I made it onto the show! whoo!) but there is a $350,000 lawsuit saying that I'm not allowed to publically disclose whether I won or lost until the show is on the air. That can be anytime from mid-November to some time in February. Until then, I'm left to write about other amusing things about syndicated television. Just not now, at 6:30 in the morning.

Okay, okay. One small hint: I'm on for the entire episode — all 30 minutes. I'm not disclosing anymore."
_______________________
From RBJ: What's Your School Food Like? (i.e. Do You Like Green Hotdogs?)

I said:

Oh man, one of the foods I hated the most from high school was:

QUESADILLAS!

It was a flour tortilla filled with melted cheese. And maybe ONE pea. Anyone else had to suffer through this?

That's the difference between Chinese food and cafeteria food. Chinese food names are to the point, like:

- Pigs' Ears with Weird Sauce
- Duck's Tongue with Weirder Sauce
- Chicken Feet with No Shoes

School cafeterias are great at coming up with glitzy names for stuff. Those ladies who write the cafeteria menus must have PhDs in creative writing:

- Corndog Delight with Thousand-Day-Old Ketchup
- Burned Meatloaf Casserole Surprise
- Salt-free Soggy Zucchini in White Butter Sauce
- Dancing Drumsticks Marinated in Mustard


Home