Tiger Cafe     
    

Saturday, September 21, 2002


From Craigslist:

RE: Where to meet Professional Asian Guys

"depends on what professional asian guys youre talking about.

Professional Asian guys with HB1 visas (or whatever you call them): Go to a Chinese restaurant during lunch hour, or visit your company's engineering department.

Professional Asian guys who only hang out with other Asians: Karaoke bar, bowling allies, Chinese, Japanese, Korean restaurants, Blockbuster, Stonestown.

Professional Asian Guys who only hang out with White people: This is difficult b/c most Asian guys cant handle alcohol so they cant really hang out with white people at bars/clubs while everyone else is drinking. Thus this category doesnt really exist. Hence the dilemma of the Asian-American male.

Professional Asian Guys who try to hang out with White People but cant b/c of the alcohol factor: Find these guys anywhere whites go, but the Asians are always in their own group talking about how it sucks not being able to handle alcohol. Gyms, bars (but not drinking alot), Giants/Niners games. And here's a really good place to meet us: Take an extension class at Berkeley--something in finance or engineering.

Really, as an Asian male, I know. We lack an enzyme that allows us to break down alcohol so it stays in our system longer."

Oh my God! He makes us sound SO geeky! Yuck. What stereotypes.

Speak for yourself, buddy. FYI, I can handle my liquor. Although I've known girls who get tipsy with a few gulps of alcohol, I've NEVER gotten drunk in my life.


Home