Tiger Cafe     
    

Friday, September 27, 2002


By Michael on RBJ. I'm starving right now:

Hey guys...

I have always wondered what the chinese restaurants do to the chicken to get them all soft like they are when served.... Anyone got friends or relatives that can spill the secret preparation method?

In good faith I'll share this killer sauce recipe:

1/2 cup Soy Sauce
4 TblSp Warm/Hot Water
3 TblSp Toasted Sesame Seeds
3 TblSp Dry Mustard Powder
1 TblSp Mayonaise
1/2 clove Garlic.

Preparation:

Get out a good blender and first off put in the dry mustard powder. Then add the warm/hot water. Followed by the soy sauce. I like to toast my own sesame seeds in a fry pan and then I put them into the mix while still hot... You can use pre toasted ones as well. Now throw in the finely minced Garlic and blend until smooth. Stop occationally and use a rubber spatula to scrape the sesame seeds of the blender sides and try to get them all mixed in well. Then add the 1 TblSp or Mayonaise and blend again. This should only take about 3-4 minutes total to make.

Store in a glass container and keep refridgerated. This stuff will hold for a few days.

The mayo is my own throw in to this recipe.. It helps make the sauce creamier. Also lately I have also been adding a tsp or wasabi power as well.. Just to kick it up a notch...

This sauce is AWESOME on shrimp and salmon. Take a non-sauce barbecued steak (ie. just salt and pepper the steak and barbeque) and then use this as a dip!!! With rice it is TO DIE FOR!!!


Home