Posted 9:08 PM
by Blah blah
Went to two parties Friday night. The first was for a new young people's group with
TheatreWorks, which puts on shows in Mountain View and Palo Alto. This actress sang for us and I met a lot of cool people. Had dinner opposite this girl from SF who's a communications professor in San Jose. She studies things like interpersonal conflict. Tried to tap some of her knowledge about diplomacy and male-female talk.
For the second, I went clubbing with some friends at The Forum, in Sunnyvale.
C and I had been laughing at
Fantasia over pearl tea Sunday afternoon, when Huang came by to say hi to me. Huang was my almost-next door neighbor in Berkeley, at International House. In his spare time, Huang's become a big clubbing VIP and has organized a ton of club nights with his two beautiful sisters and this Taiwanese girl
Annie. (Here's the
last party by Huang I went to.) He's started putting on parties here in the South Bay instead of only San Francisco. So he put me on his VIP list and I went. Over 300 mainly Asian Americans showed up!
I danced with my sexy friend M for most of three hours, and boy is she a very responsive dancer! When she gets into it, she'll turn more aggressive and twist you around. It's harmless fun, folks. The club had platforms where a whole bunch of girls just got up and writhed erotically with each other, and they had staff dancers dressed in white and black furs, dancing in tiny balconies.
Not bad, although honestly I would have wished for more peace and quiet in the middle. The
party in Palo Alto I went to a couple of weeks ago was better, because they interspersed slow music with the techno kinetic stuff, and I didn't realize how much I had missed slow dancing till I did it!
This morning I went to a business/management series of presentations at UCSC Extension. Met a lot of career changers and people looking to do something new. I got a great deal of inspiration for what my next career steps will need to be. Here in Silicon Valley, survival = continual reinvention. I don't want to be typecast. I can't see myself doing the same thing for 20 years like the older generation. Now I have a more coherent plan for my future. Yeah.