Tiger Cafe     
    

Tuesday, July 02, 2002



Seeking new cowriters

Are any of you interested in writing entries here with me?

When I first asked my friend Christina to be my cowriter, she knew nothing about blogging. But now she and her friends in Nanjing and Shanghai are writing prolifically on her own site, Chinese Tea, and I am looking for new cowriters.

When I tried to do this bilingual blog, I had these hopes of bringing people from China into Western hearts and minds and Westerners like us into China. Unfortunately, I have not seen much crossover. The mainlanders stay on their blog, and the Westerners and English-speakers stay here. I guess language is still the main barrier for people. Her English and my Mandarin are both lousy. Mostly, Christina doesn't understand what I say and I don't understand what she and her friends say.

At least we helped introduce the whole idea of blogging to Nanjing and Shanghai! Another blow against the repression of communism. Yeah! Remember in April when I posted all those silly pix of President Jiang Zemin? Boy, did I shock some of her friends. I wondered if some Red Guards would show up outside my window.

So I ask again, would any of you like to be my cowriters here? Let me know and I'll add you in Blogger. Then you'll get an email and have to set up a Blogger account if you don't have one. The catch: I will only take people I consider to be good writers. I am very picky about words and quality when it comes to writing. If you are on my links list on this page, I pretty much think you express yourself well and welcome your input here.

(If you don't want much publicity, don't bother writing here. Tiger Cafe is getting between 50-100 visitors/day, and both my sites are getting 150-210 visitors/day recently. This site is very public and ranked highly in Google/Yahoo. For example, I'm #3 if you search Google/Yahoo for "sina mba forum." I just wrote about it two days before and never even went there! Be careful about putting full names of people and things you wouldn't want the world to eventually find out. Hell, Christina's mom reads this site!)

Let's try it, shall we? We could have a lotta fun! And you're probably bored just hearing about me me me. :D


Home