Posted 11:37 AM
by Blah blah
Clinton Speaks in Iowa (Politics)
I watched Bill Clinton make a fantastic speech yesterday at the Harkin Steak Fry in Iowa to over 7,000 people. I watched it on C-SPAN. Twice. He was that good. He gave the most inspiring speech for me, as a Democrat, that I've heard in a long long time. He was funny, positive, witty, relevant, persuasive, and soulful. I feel like the tide is turning in the Democrats' fortunes for the White House next year.
I wish the rest of the country wakes up in time. If I find his transcript, I will print it here.
Clinton Assails Bush at Gathering for Hopefuls (
NY Times):
"The setting for Mr. Clinton's rare public speech on the American political scene was the annual steak fry held by this state's senior senator, Tom Harkin. It was attended by seven of the nine Democratic presidential candidates.
Six of them also spoke to the crowd tonight, but
Mr. Clinton's speech, even though it was arguably not one of his strongest performances, almost entirely obscured their words and served instead to underscore the contrast between the political skills of Mr. Clinton and those of this year's crop of candidates."
Campaigns Still Clinton's Strength (USA Today). Analysis of Clinton's renewed prestige among Democrats and how active he is behind the scenes.