Tiger Cafe     
    

Tuesday, April 08, 2003


Why Your Wife Won't Have Sex With You.
Why I've Been So Impersonal Lately.


Ha! Practical advice for guys: Why Your Wife Won't Have Sex With You. Start with the 3/12 entry and move up. The author, Julia Grey, says: "I've been married to the same man for 25 years and we're still getting it on and having fun. We DID have sexual problems, but we worked them out, and a couple of the things I'm talking about or going to talk about here were part of our solution."

My stalker is right: I've been so unoriginal lately. Have been feeling listless, bored, blah. Maybe like a girl feels when she's not in the mood. Haven't even felt the energy to reply to the stalker. Oh well. I still make myself and others laugh when I talk to people directly, though. But on a blog it feels like I'm talking to myself. Harder to be light and amusing. I've been using this place as a bookmark for stuff I want to read later. And talking to myself is not a barrel of laughs. I'd rather be yakking over the phone!

Help wake me up, guys! I'm dozing off here....

By the way, continuing the mode of HACS (Here's a Cool Site!), this guy has a lot more to say than I. Check out Canadian Mind Products! Roedy Green is a walking Francis Bacon, posting essays on everything from gaydom, to politics, to whether God exists, to a big ol' Java programming tutorial. Here's something for techies: How To Write Unmaintainable Code.

Reminds me of The Skeptic's Dictionary, but more upbeat. Can you imagine being married to a professional Skeptic? Take it in small doses.

So sorry, Mr. Stalker, I'm not baring my private life here. I'm at a pretty dull plateau right now as it is. No soap operas to report---not that I ever would say anything. If you want to know me, you gotta put in some EFFORT to talk to me. To see me, to write me.

I don't go around spilling guts in public. First, because it's bad taste and violates the privacy of others. Second, because I never use my blog as therapy and don't need to. Third, because I'd rather talk to my friends the old-fashioned way: in private. Just like you don't go up to a room of strangers and start talking about your sex life, I don't feel comfortable telling thousands of random people a week "he said/she said" stories.

For those who wish I were more personal, I say: be my friend first. Gain my trust. You don't get it for free. That cheapens the value of what might be something serious and deeply affecting for me.

Now back to your regular quirky thoughtful impersonal unoriginal programming!


Home