Posted 1:09 AM
by Blah blah
Subscribe to Salon Premium
By the way, if you care about sustaining a source of independent investigative reporting and always thought-provoking articles,
please subscribe to Salon Premium, the paid version of
Salon.com.
Happy second birthday, Salon Premium! I used to read Salon.com all the time, as my main online magazine. It's the closest I found to an online version of the
New Yorker, my favorite magazine. Once the war started, I began branching out to other magazines, to warblogs, and I've found myself turning back to Salon as an oasis in an ocean of right-wing, jingoistic news and commentary, such as Fox News. Salon is not left-wing. It tries to be balanced. Well-known conservative Andrew Sullivan is a columnist, as are others. But Salon always provides the deeper perspective online, something the
New Yorker does better than anyone in print.
And Salon is always always fascinating, whether talking entertainment, politics, business, relationship stories, or sex. I owe Salon payback for the many hours of enjoyment it has given me. I'm a subscriber to Salon Premium. Please help keep the magazine going by subscribing too!
Says editor David Talbot: "If every one of our current Salon Premium subscribers brings in just ONE additional subscription, Salon will finally break even this year. In the current economic climate, advertising cannot be counted on to secure Salon's future. But YOU can help do that by buying at least one gift subscription."
Keep this wonderfully San Franciscan, alternative voice alive. It's written for people who like to think.