Tiger Cafe     
    

Tuesday, April 01, 2003


My Site Down. Use w.bloggar to Prevent Losing Your Blog Posts!

Arrgh, my site has been down since last night. Pain in the butt. Blogger had a problem with its template server, and my blog got stuck with the wrong template. It wasn't till I edited and saved my blog template that I reset it. At first I thought Bush must have called the CIA in on Tiger Cafe.

Blogger and Blogspot have been having a TON of problems posting lately. I'll bet many of you (e.g. Sandy) have been seeing your posts vanish when you hit "publish." Check out the Blogger FAQ Blog and Blog Help Forum, both by Phil Ringnalda, for extra Blogger support. He doesn't work for Blogger but is kind enough to help!

I just found a way to prevent losing your posts!

Download this blogging client, w.bloggar. It's a program you use to blog OFFLINE, locally. It interfaces with whatever blog tool you use, like Blogger, Movable Type, b2, Nucleus, and BigBlogTool. It has a much better interface than the Blogger edit window, with more features. It even downloads several posts from the past if you wish to edit them locally. When you're done, you may publish directly to your blog---only then will it connect to the Internet. If Blogger is not working, it still keeps your posts.

I'm using it right now to write this. It's heaven! From his w.bloggar FAQ:
To use w.bloggar with Blogger.com you must have already created an account there. To set up it to post to your Blogger.com blogs, follow these instructions:

1. Download w.bloggar from http://wbloggar.com/ and install the application.
2. Open the w.bloggar application.
3. A login window will appear allowing you to create a New Account.
4. Enter your Blogger.com username in User, your password in Password, and click OK.
5. You'll be asked if really want to create the new account, click Yes.
6. In the Account Connection window you don't need to change anything. The values there must be plant.blogger.com into Host name, and /api/RPC2 into Page. The port must be 80, and the secure server (https://) check option must be off.
7. If you're under a proxy sever you can also configure it in this window.
8. Click OK to confirm the conection configuration and validate your user information.
9. You can now post to your Blogger.com blogs using w.bloggar's posting interface.
From now on I'm always using w.bloggar. It also lets you edit your blog template offline.


Home