Posted 5:20 PM
by Blah blah
Happy Easter! More Roller Hockey
See Patrick's sister's
adorable new puppy pictures!
Happy Easter, everyone! Well I spent much of today practicing my roller hockey, with Patrick and Sheena. Practiced stuff like dribbling the puck with both the inner and outer edge of the hockey stick; passing back and forth and shooting near the goal; sprinting on skates to the puck from a distance and shooting; skating in a zigzag, passing, receiving, then scoring, etc. It's a great workout for both your lower and upper bod.
I miss my weekly swimming though. The weather here has turned gorgeous and the air is breezy and fresh. If I ever have a chance, I need to go to the Y and jump in the pool. I like that hypnotic relaxing feeling of doing dozens of laps, of trying to push myself.
Learned lots of new stuff about Patrick. He's really a cool guy to hang with and very multitalented and funny. For example, I didn't know his college degree is in music (he was a singer), that he acted and sang in at least 50 theater productions (but left because he got fed up with theater politics), that he likes British sci fi TV, that he dyed his hair slightly blonde, etc.
And Sheena, who's from Japan, is trying to set up an interior design business. She wants to deal with and help preserve traditional Japanese art and clothes.
Oh, we also have a girl staying with us this weekend. She's staying in the room next to mine. My housemate's friend. She had worked with this girl a while back, and she drove up from S. Calif to attend a wedding yesterday. She (the guest) is also getting married next month. Got her MA in counseling at Santa Clara U. I asked her about those relationship books that I was profiling (before we got so rudely interrrupted by the war :P), but she'd never heard of their authors. She wants to be a marriage/family counselor eventually.
Also, I visited my friend Dolly's house yesterday. She knows this doctor from Taiwan who is offering to give people cheap blood inspections. Basically he took about eight tiny samples of my blood, put them under the microscope, and showed them on a TV monitor. From looking at my red blood cells, white blood cells, plasma, etc. he could tell a lot about my health, as well as possible ways to improve my diet, and potential threats in the future. Learned a LOT. May talk more about it later.
Enjoy your week, everyone!