Posted 9:51 PM
by Blah blah
Gary Hart Blogs! Phil Carter: Intel Dump blog
Guess what? An actual politician,
Gary Hart, now blogs! Lawyer and former U.S. Democratic Senator from Colorado, he ran unsuccessfully for President in 1984 and 1988. I've seen him debate on TV. He's a very thoughtful speaker and I like him. Inspires me to see him online! I see he spent 2001 back in school, getting his D.Phil in politics from Oxford.
Hart is considering running for President again in 2004. Wouldn't it be fantastic, for a change, to hear what a candidate really thinks, without all the crap and spin from his political handlers? Wouldn't it be a blast to have him answer your questions directly online? Politicians are usually much smarter than the banal sound bites, that tend to play on TV news, lead us to think. Leave him your good wishes!
I'm always looking for a good articulate source of views, whether I agree with them or not. Here's a very educational blog by Phil Carter, currently studying at UCLA Law School. His
resume is outstanding: he was a captain in the U.S. Army, an officer in the 4th Infantry Division. He's worked on anti-terrorism operations in Texas. He's written for
Investor's Business Daily as well as the
Los Angeles Times and Slate.com. He writes quick military analyses on his blog of the current situation.
For the military, journalist, and legal perspective all in one, turn to Phil Carter's
Intel Dump.