Tiger Cafe     
    

Wednesday, April 02, 2003


BlogShares: Fantasy Blog Stock Market
UC Berkeley Economist Brad DeLong


Very cool! I just joined this new craze in the blogging world, BlogShares. It's a "fantasy stock market for weblogs. Players get to invest a fictional $500, and blogs are valued by inbound links."

Hence the link to my BlogShares listing above. You get to play stock investor, using your favorite blogs. Follow price-earnings ratios. Your blog gets an IPO once you hit $1000 valuation. Valuation comes from people in BlogShares linking to you. Only then may people buy and sell shares in your blog. So if you haven't yet, please join and be kind enough to link to me!

This is fun! I've already made at least $70 since I signed up last night. Try it. You also may discover many popular or new blogs you may have missed. The entertainment industry has its own version, the Hollywood Stock Exchange, where you trade fake stock in actors and movies.

(Warning: the BlogShare logo they ask you to post on your site will slow down your page loading. I kept it on long enough for them to "claim" my site. Then I deleted it and replaced it with a text link. BlogShares accepts that too.)

Just added Prof. Brad DeLong's blog to my reading list. He's an economist (Harvard Ph.D.) at UC Berkeley and tells in-depth thoughts about how this war is affecting our economy. Here's his resume.


Home