Posted 1:49 AM
by Blah blah
Sergeant Hook
Check out the blog of
Sergeant Hook, who serves in Hawaii now as the "first sergeant of [an aviation] unit with over 120 soldiers." He signed my guestmap. I'm flattered that someone from the U.S. Army, a non-commissioned military officer, likes my blog! Best wishes to you, sir! Your blog is heartfelt and inspiring. Says he's been an officer for 16 years:
[W]ar is imminent. I listened with great anticipation to the Commander-in-Chief’s speech and am proud to be wearing the uniform under his leadership. I am also proud to be the father of four boys who made sure I had an absolutely great time on our outing this past weekend. I am equally proud to be married to the beautiful, intelligent, and compassionate Mrs. Hook...
My oldest son is Renegade Ryan, a rough and salty 10-year-old pirate of the high seas who quite frankly would sign on to any sea-going vessel provided there was plenty of fishing and no classrooms. Next is my 8-year-old, Typhoon Tyler of Trieste, a determined and crafty privateer whose passion for reading surpasses my own. Then there is Andrew the Adventurous, 5-years-old and a swashbuckler who is captain of his own vessel and eager to sail the seven seas. The youngest at 20-months is Castaway Conner, a savvy buccaneer who courageously sets sail with this handsome band of brigands every chance he gets. And last, but certainly not least, is the lovely and talented Mrs. Hook whom I adore as she expertly mans the helm somehow always keeping our ship on course.
Read of
how he dealt with a soldier who told him he wanted to quit the Army.
Read
his story about their attempts to rescue a pilot who had crashed his F-16 into the Adriatic Sea, near Italy and Croatia. This was an old assignment for Sgt. Hook, as he
said on March 13.