Posted 6:33 AM
by Blah blah
Outsourcing rejection (Salon.com): "I screened job applicants over the phone for a company I didn't work for. My favorite part: Arrogant middle managers who suddenly began to grovel when they realized I wasn't the receptionist." Great article by Ali Davis, "a writer and performer in Chicago. She is currently working on a screenplay based on [her blog]
True Porn Clerk Stories."
All of you interested in the IT industry and future business trends,
please read this. That means people like you,
Fred and
Raven. What do you think of this news? It's by Automation Access, a system integrator in S. California:
_____________________
2003 and Beyond
Technology trends that
will affect your business and how you do business.
Warning: very little of the following is speculation. Most of it has already been announced and is being implemented.
Big corporate executives expect to be off pillaging some other company in just months, but you, the small business manager, need to plan 5, even 10 years out - because you'll likely still be stuck in the same business.
Most small business information systems weren't planned - they just got plugged in to do specific jobs - but in today's increasingly competitive markets, that isn't enough. Carefully planning an information strategy is critical when your competition is worldwide.
This article is a guide to
trends that are already in full motion and well known by technology specialists, but are far from obvious to most business managers. I can't tell you what to do about them, without studying your particular business, but it will cast some light on what you should be looking at.
Much of this article deals specifically with Microsoft and Microsoft's future. This is inescapable, because Microsoft is a huge part of the information industry - and aspires to being all of it.
Throughout this work are numerous references to substantial articles from major on-line and print sources, so you can see I'm not just blowing smoke - I'm talking about real trends well known in the industry.