Posted 4:54 PM
by Blah blah
C-SPAN.org. War: The Ultimate Reality Show
I can't believe I missed this great news source. I love C-SPAN! Watch all videos of things like Saddam's speech after the initial attack, Gen. Tommy Franks' military briefing to the press, the British House of Commons Debate on Iraq, Bush's speech, Ari Fleischer's White House press briefing, and the U.N. Security Council speeches on Iraq. Listen to things like Bush's radio address, the Democrats' radio address, etc.
All are in streaming video/audio on
C-SPAN.org.
On the Net, you may also watch C-SPAN broadcast live, as well as hear
NPR.org (National Public Radio). One thing you cannot complain about in America is a lack of information. The government and media companies mobilized better than EVER in this war to bring you immediate and comprehensive coverage, especially on the Net. They have also helped soldiers keep in close Internet contact with their families. You can find great stuff on U.S. government
websites and sites like
U.S. Central Command.
I applaud the U.S. government and the world press for doing such a fantastic job to bring us news and keep us informed. This bounty of information probably helped shorten the war by keeping Iraqis informed, so they grew more courage to defy Saddam and surrender.
Conscripts shoot their own officers rather than fight. (
The Times) In terms of how open our leaders are to giving us information, and in how quickly we can get high quality unfiltered information, we live in a GREAT country! This makes me proud.
I tend to look at all these
news links, as well as
Google News. Then I look at
Technorati to see what most blogs are linking to today. More exciting than
Joe Millionaire or
Survivor,
Gulf War II Has Become the Ultimate in Reality Television (Agence France Presse).