Tiger Cafe     
    

Sunday, December 15, 2002


Stay Tuned...

WOW, I've had such a busy and fun-filled three days (Fri-Sun) that I haven't had time to blog about it. Please stay tuned. I raced through this post and will revise it soon:

Friday: I went with my close Korean friend Jae to my dance class holiday ball. We did some waltz, then watched a FANTASTIC series of dance performances by my teacher's students. They had been working hard for twelve weeks to put on this show for us. Later Jae and I sat up talking late at Denny's, and I got home around 2 am. It's my last time seeing him as a "single" guy. He's getting married in Seoul next month!

Check out these dance PHOTOS of what they call "formations," from previous holiday balls. I'm learning intermediate salsa from this teacher. I was clapping like crazy and had SO much fun watching. Also, the formation girls were mostly very hot! More on formations.

Saturday: Went to San Francisco and met Raven and Mona for the FIRST TIME! Met Chris, and he took us, first for dim sum at the mouthwatering Hong Kong restaurant, Harbor Village, then on a really eye-opening historical tour of San Francisco Chinatown. I've lived in the Bay Area for decades and didn't know a fraction of the history Chris knew. This all took place in extremely heavy rain. At around 2 pm the streets got so drenched that on certain parts of the road they had mini-floods. Also, Chris showed us a hidden view of Coit tower. We drove to the top of the hill and walked down and up about SEVEN stories of stairs. They were narrow and sloshing with the pouring rain.

Raven and Mona are just like I imagined them. Very friendly, great to hang with, both idealistic and realistic. Very much perfect for living in San Francisco. I really look forward to meeting them again. And Chris, with his hyper energy and enthusisam, helped make the day for all of us. The man is incredibly sweet and kindhearted. I feel so lucky to know and have met all of them.

Read Raven's tale of this weekend.

At night, we went to Eric's house to see Vienna Teng perform. Not only that, a record number of online journallers showed up, some I hadn't seen for MONTHS. I was blown away. Almost everyone there had a personal website. Eric told me that he was impressed by how quickly "perfect strangers" who had never met physically would mingle and get comfy with each other. He said that usually in his home concerts, people come from various cliques and aren't as open to getting up and being friendly with the other groups.

Eric's blog about last night. You can see his pictures of us! In the group pic, I'm in the middle with my arm around Vienna. It's also Eric's birthday today!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Renaissance Man!

(I have Eric's permission.)

Raven's tale of the Vienna Teng night.

What a fantastic weekend! I will flesh out my stories later. Stay tuned!


Home