Posted 6:08 PM
by Blah blah
Sex Writer: Dubberley.com. Cliterati. Becoming a Stripper.
[Read
this from Cliterati: "Jo King runs the
London School of Striptease. After meeting her at a
Cake Soiree where she was training women how to strip seductively for their lovers, Cliterati caught up with her to find out more....
We move on to the exploitation issue. 'When I was a stripper, I was never taken advantage of or made to do something that I didn't want to. However, I would say that I was exploited when I was a personal assistant in a big city company, some years back; too much work, too many hours, and not enough pay. Mind you, to "exploit" can also mean to make the best use of something so perhaps I have exploited me! Most of the girls in the striptease industry have made an informed decision to become a dancer for a variety of intelligent reasons!'...
Having taught over 400 people to strip and been featured on TV and radio regularly, Jo clearly knows her stuff. 'I've received many letters and calls saying that I've changed the student's life for the better...how fab is that!? A lot of my students stay in contact with me. Every couple of months, we have group outings to strip clubs. It's a fun way to catch up and stay connected.' Has she ever taught men? 'Yes but now I have trained a male teacher to do so. As I am not a man, I'm not a very manly stripper. I prefer to teach the men who want to strip as a woman.' "
Some of her
courses:
- Strip-Geezer - Beginners Striptease Workshop (for men) - £50
- The Bare Essentials - Basic Striptease Workshop - £60
- Strip-Teaser - £15 for 1 hour
- Undress To Impress - Beginners Striptease Course - £100
- Pole Stars - Beginners Half-Day Workshop - £80
- Stripability - Individual Striptease Tuition - £150 - 2 and a half hours (approx.)
- Party Pieces - prices on request]
Mona T, you're gonna love this.
Check out
Emily Dubberley, in London. She's been an editor, marketing manager, and a writer. She also writes scripts for the adult film business. Her blog is funny, witty, and filled (recently) with stories of her watching
strangers have sex. God, what a life. I like her combination of business savvy and cheekiness.
She also runs several sex-related sites on the side. Check out
Cliterati, which is erotica (no pix) for women. It's "a site which dares to admit that women like sex too." Mona, I remember you recommended your favorite erotica site on RBJ once. What was that?
Not only, that---Emily has media power. She writes on sex for
Cosmopolitan, has been interviewed on British TV, and
helped this writer for Cliterati get noticed by some literary agents and publications.
Because of Emily's endorsement, the writer, Catlin Gunn, just published her first piece for the
Guardian,
How I Became a Stripper! Good, down-to-earth stuff. Here are Catlin Gunn's pieces for Cliterati:
The Stripper Diaries (Part 1)
The Stripper Diaries (Part 2)
The Stripper Diaries (Part 3)
What a small world. Emily is also a London
Ryze member.