Tiger Cafe     
    

Saturday, December 21, 2002


See this funny spoof of the first LOTR movie on IFILM.com: Lord of the Rings Spoof with Sarah Michelle Gellar and Jack Black. Not for kids!

The Two Towers

I saw The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers this week, and being a lifelong Tolkien geek, of course I'm very biased in favor of this stunning, incredible movie. Funny story...Line of the Geeks: Waiting for The Two Towers.

Wonder how they created those awesome computer graphics battle scenes? Check out these video interviews and explanations on the official LOTR site.

While the first movie had more character development, this one was heavy and fast-paced action. Gollum was the best CGI character I've ever seen. The actor Andy Serkis did an outstanding job voicing and physically acting as Gollum. He talks about the role.

And talk about the truckloads of meaningful looks in this movie! Frodo always looks like he's about to kiss Sam. Homo-erotica.

I read the whole Lord of the Rings when I was 13, sick in bed for two weeks with chickenpox. All of you will eventually see it. Here's a user review on Yahoo! Movies that I think captures best my view about some of the changes director Peter Jackson made to the book:

Problems with The Two Towers. (Has SPOILERS! Don't read if you haven't seen the movie yet.)

I like what one user said, that "Peter Jackson does Star Wars better than George Lucas." Many thought Lucas should get off from his complacent chair and learn from Jackson how to really create an enthralling fantasy film. After watching The Phantom Menace, I didn't want to see any more new Star Wars movies.


Home