Posted 12:43 PM
by Blah blah
Photos from Ryze Mixer
I joined this business and social networking organization a while back, called
Ryze. An
interview with Ryze's founder which explains the organization. The members are extremely highly accomplished. You can't throw a stone without hitting a CEO or founder of this or that company. Ryze is international but based in San Francisco. It's NOT an Asian group. It's mainly white and Asian. That just happens to be the makeup of the San Francisco Bay Area. Wednesday I attended my first Ryze event, in Palo Alto (as mentioned below).
Here are the photos. Log in as "
ryzepa," with no password, to see them. We met at this classy Vietnamese restaurant on University Ave., called
Tamarine.
Here's the only photo they took of me. It has the word "Proof" on there because they ask you to pay for the original. Since I smile in most of my pix, this time I tried looking serious. I not only came out serious, I came out SLEEPY serious. Those bedroom eyes...
A lot of meat market activity goes on here, of course. That night I talked to people about the following subjects:
- Internet dating, and how a woman decides to whom she replies
- How Australians developed this "fuck you" attitude and why
- Salsa dancing
- Being a workaholic
- Environmentally friendly design
- How to find your true vocation
- Venture capital and investing in entertainment/media startups
- What Alex Michel from "The Bachelor" is really like, with someone who actually knew him at Harvard and Stanford
- Are you free to go out sometime?