Posted 11:49 AM
by Anonymous
New Years Resolutions
May I never be complete. May I never be content. May I never be perfect ~Fight Club
It wouldn't be New Years without the obligatory resolutions everyone makes and then breaks 2 weeks later. Since I started making resolutions I think that I have kept maybe 4 or 5 of them over the course of my life. I intend to keep the ones this year, they are really important to me.
Besides, if people never kept them Mona might never have met me. Her New Year's Resolution for 2000 was: Don't date any guys with recycled names. Clearly Raven is pretty unique =D
This year they are:
1)
Get Fit! - I'm not fat but I'm definitely not as fit as I used to be in college. I used to run 5 miles a day and now I get winded walking up a few flights of stairs quickly. With my schedule its hard to adopt any kind of work-out ethic but I'm going to make a conscious effort to get into a little better shape this year. My dad and I are even going to have a contest to see who can do better. The man is 58 so at least I have age on my side. Bring it on Dad!
2)
Learn Italian - Mona and I are going to France and Italy for our honeymoon. I want to be able to communicate with people while I'm there are not be the stereotypical rude American that expects everyone to speak English. I have started down the path to knowledge in earnest but I need to stick with it. Besides high school Spanish my track record for sticking with languages is about 2 weeks before I get bored of them and toss the books aside.
3)
Drink More Water - I read somewhere that a ridiculously large percentage of Americans are constantly dehydrated because no one drinks water. I really want to make a conscious effort to cut down on all of the soda and coffee I drink and replace them with water. Ok, I'm not ready to give up my Starbucks addiction but maybe I can cut out cokes.
4)
No Man Is An Island - Mona and I have become this "organism" that pretty much keeps to itself and is a homebody. I have friends in Dallas that I haven't seen in forever and we never seem to do anything with them on the weekends. This is sort of a joint resolution I suppose, but I want to try and hang out with other adults more often on the weekends so its not always just Mona and I.
I'm not sure where this tradition came from but if anyone has any insight into that please feel free to comment. It seems like it has been around since the dawn of time.
So what are your resolutions?