Posted 11:26 PM
by Anonymous
My last call of the night
Raven is my last call of the night. The last person I talk to before I go to bed. Even if it is a one-minute conversation about how tired I am, I must hear Raven's voice at the end of each night before going to bed. Considering he travels for work 100% in Seattle; his bedtime of midnight is 2 am my time. I've stayed up until 3 or 4 am before. I've asked him to consider my situation being two hour ahead; but it's
1:15 am right now and still no phone call. hmmmp!
So I'm getting ready for my shower (you can ask Raymond about my bathing ritual * tee hee /inside joke) and I'm afraid that Raven is going to call me while I'm in the shower. I'm afraid he's going to leave a sappy message on our answering machine that usually sound like,
"baaaaby, where are you?" Followed by a
missed call on my cell phone. I wait for him all night to call, but he sure is paranoid when he can't immediately reach me.
1:20 am phone rings. Guess who's been at
Belltown Billards? "Where are you?" I asked. "Leaving a bar," Raven replied. I'm not his mother I don't have to know exactly where he is, but I'd like to get to sleep sometime tonight. He said he would call me in 20 minutes when he gets back to his apartment.
Sometimes Raven's voice is the sweetest thing I hear all day. Sometimes I wonder how much sleep I've lost waiting for my last call of the night.
Note: Last Call of the Night was said by Ben Affleck's character in Forces of Nature (correct me if I'm wrong about the movie)