Tiger Cafe     
    

Tuesday, December 03, 2002


MTV Movie House: The Lord of the Rings--The Two Towers

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers is a great--no, I'm sorry, AWESOME--movie. I more than highly recommend it, as I was pretty blown away by the entire movie. That is, despite the 3 takes MTV made us do running through the lobby of The Bridge looking excited, cheering, but not "too loud."

Anyway, last night, I kept thinking about the movie and just how the different elements and characters played off each other. It was great. It never ceased to have me sitting on the edge of my seat. In order to not make anybody mad, I will not discuss *any* of the details or storylines of the movie. Actually, I guess by attending the advance screening I've already agreed expressly not to discuss it, anyway...especially over the internet. But again, I was really, really, REALLY blown away by the movie. With all the hype surrounding it and everything, I was still more than impressed. The shots of the mountains and other backdrops were just incredible. Character development, perfect. Storyline was *very* easy to follow, even if you haven't read the book(s). It overall drew you in and never let go... I can see why the critics say it was even better than the first, but I guess when you need to introduce the premise for the trilogy you have a lot more to conquer and a lot more to deal with, on your hands. I like the second movie better, but for different reasons--to further develop the storyline. I wouldn't think of belittling the first movie in the least.

However, I will never do another "MTV Movie House" shooting for any other movie, as I can't see waiting around, standing around and cheering wildly for a movie that is even potentially lesser to The Lord of the Rings trilogy. :) It was, no doubt, cool, though, since we were supposedly the first audience in California to view the movie. I feel so...exclusive!! Especially on a weekday. How tiring. At least Nick, the host, was still cute in person.

*e


Home