Posted 7:42 PM
by e*star
Trip to the Mall
Ian and I had fun at the mall this past weekend. Hah. The fun in our trip was precisely that we didn't buy anything. In fact, we just took pictures of things we
wouldn't buy. That is a clue as to the sarcasm laced throughout this entry... ;) Remember...the sarcasm is for the sake of the humor...
An excerpt reprinted from my online journal.
Saturday, we spent the day at the mall getting
hot dog on a stick (and cheese on a stick) at the Westminster Mall while proceeding to take pictures of ourselves clownin' around. I don't think I remember the last time I've been in a mall for *over 2 hours* AND not bought anything. Definitely a record for me. I didn't know I could have so much fun in a mall...much less a ghet-TO mall like Westminster.
At
Robinson's May we looked around in the guy section for, whaddya know, ghetto fabulous wear for Ian. We came across these GREAT velour sweat sets... I insisted on the red...it was the most luxurious color they had in their selection.
Although Ian asked if they had them in baby blue, unfortunately the girls at the counter (while suppressing laughter), said that what they had out there was all they had. Too bad. We had seen J-Lo in baby blue velour sweats in the news and we had wanted a pair **just like them** for Ian, since he wanted in on the J-Lo craze...
We then went to the shoe store to see what great footwear in current styles the stores had goin' on... Ian and I have this inside joke on cork shoes. How they're great and really...all girls' dress shoes should just be replicated on a cork platform, and you could wear them with any outfit from "Forever 21." You would have versatile shoes AND be in fashion. Just like J-Lo. Plus, the higher, the better.
Anyway, I marked these shoes as a future purchase once I got paid next month. Hah. Or not.
We went looking for an outfit to go with my cork shoes. Where else would I go, except "Forever 21?" Although I don't own one article of clothing from this store, I plan on completely revamping my wardrobe to consist 100% from this store. Or not. Besides, where else can I find clothes that are in-fashion (or not), cheap (definitely), and made by sweatshops? I came up with this outfit. Remember, you can't have too many accessories. J-Lo always has the right number of accessories...
I got really pissed, though, after having tried on all those pieces to find out that the sparkly shirt that I was wearing in this picture had shedded gobs and gobs of glitter over the clothes I had worn to the mall.
Anyway, we got tired of looking for clothes and decided to end our shopping trip looking for things we can use everyday. Thank goodness the "As Seen on TV" store is there. Ian and I have been looking for an affordable alternative to expensive hands-free sets that our cell phone manufacturers often require you to have. Besides, soon it will be illegal in California to use a cell phone in the car without a hands-free set. Although originally meant for your *handset at home*, this is what we found:
Anyway, we had to try it on. Ian tried to see if it was compatible with his cell phone:
And imagine--when hands-free sets are like, $30 from
Cingular, this one was only $7!! It had great quality plastic, adhesive and velcro pieces, too. lol.
Yeah, anyway. We had a hoot.
*e