Posted 7:16 PM
by Anonymous
This Marriage and Other Fabulous Prizes Could Be Yours!
The hot topic of conversation in the office today:
The Bachelor. Personally I think this is an asinine show but everyone was talking about it.
A little background on the show... Over the course of several episodes the Bachelor is given the opportunity to date lots of beautiful women. After having dates with him he is supposed to vote them off one by one as he crosses them off his list of marriage material. The end goal of the show is for the Bachelor to go ring shopping with his chosen lady and propose to her.
This is probably the
DUMBEST idea I have ever heard of for a show. In addition to that, what does this show say about our society? Have we sunk so low that marriage is a prize to be won? We are pretty worthless indeed, space aliens should nuke us.
When you are deciding on a woman to marry you aren't merely collecting a trophy or some worthless trinket. Marriage is not some prize to be won and tossed aside in the closet next to the moth balls when it has lost it's alure. "Thanks Bob, I'd like to bid on the showcase with the woman in red holding the Tiffany engagement ring." You are deciding on a life partner, someone to be with you through good times and bad. They'll be there when you are rich, poor, fat, bald, out of work, depressed, on top of the world. You make decisions about the life you will lead, where you will live, to have kids or not... Well you get the picture.
Its no wonder the divorce rate is so high in this country, people making stupid and rash decisions just like I described. I definitely know two people that will be part of the statistical pool this year, they won't even last 6 months... I bet they don't even make it out of the engagement!